Class Teacher : Ms Angliss
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Parr, Mrs Lay, Mrs Burns, Mrs McDade
• Encouraging the children to play with others in their play.
• Raising the children’s awareness that some of their actions could hurt or harm others.
• Encouraging children to join in with stories and rhymes.
• Using talk in their play.
• Encouraging children to ask simple ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘where’ questions
• Continuing to practice holding a pencil near point between their first two fingers and thumb.
• Encouraging children to draw simple shapes and lines.
• Practising catching a large ball.
• Supporting children to manage their toileting needs.
• Trying hard to put on our coats independently.
• Joining in with stories that we know and use vocabulary from
stories in our play.
• Learning to handle books carefully.
• Encouraging the children to talk about what they draw or paint.
• Counting lots of things and encouraging children to
touch each item as they count.
• Reciting numbers 1 to 10.
• Counting anything including steps, claps or jumps.
• Looking at different shapes in the world around us
• Finding out about different textures.
• Being imaginative by taking on roles in their play.
Please ensure children wear the correct school uniform, including black shoes and plain socks. Jewellery must not be worn. Please label all items so that they can be easily reacquainted with children if they are mislaid. This includes the inside of coats, shoes, hats, gloves and scarves.
Friday 28th June - Nursery open day for children attending Nursery in September
Monday 1st – 5th July – Hillstone Literacy Festival
Wednesday 3rd July - Reports sent home
Wednesday 3rd July - Farmers Market
Thursday 4th July – Parents Evening
Friday 12th July- Kindergarten Inspire
Copyright © 2019, Hillstone Primary School