Class Teacher : Ms Angliss
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Parr, Mrs Lay, Mrs Burns, Mrs McDade
• Encouraging the children to initiate play with others, offering cues for other children to join them in their play.
• Raising the children’s awareness that some of their actions could hurt or harm others.
• Encouraging children to listen to stories with increasing attention and recall.
• Supporting children to understand and ask simple ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘where’ questions (e.g. Who’s that? What’s that? Where is?)
• Learning how to pencil near point between first two fingers and thumb and use it with good control.
• Developing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching
or kicking it.
• Supporting the children to handle, transport and store equipment safely.
• Encouraging the children to put on their own coat and do up the zipper by themselves.
• Using vocabulary and forms of speech that are increasingly
influenced by the children’s experiences of books.
• Looking at books independently and handling books with care.
• Learning to put the books back when we have finished with them.
• Encouraging the children to give meaning to the marks that they draw or paint.
• Counting lots of different things and
encouraging children to touch each item as they count.
• Recognising numbers 1 to 5(10).
• Matching number and quantity correctly.
• Counting anything including steps, claps or jumps.
• Using correct mathematical names for simple 2D shapes.
• Talking about the different shapes that can be seen around us.
• Learning to play with others in a role play or a game.
• Encouraging the children to make up their own stories using objects.
Please ensure children wear the correct school uniform, including black shoes and plain socks. Jewellery must not be worn. Please label all items so that they can be easily reacquainted with children if they are mislaid. This includes the inside of coats, shoes, hats, gloves and scarves.
Thursday 23rd May - School Closed for European Elections
Friday 24th May - Last Day of half term
Monday 27th - 31st May - Half term
Monday 3rd June - School starts
Copyright © 2019, Hillstone Primary School